Sunday, March 4, 2012

Is there a need for insurance on ebay even if you're paying through Paypal?

Whenever I purchase an item on ebay, I always check to see if the item is covered under the Paypal protection policy; usually it is. However, there have been cases where an item that has been covered by Paypal, has not been handled very well by the postal service. Fortunately, my items were not damaged, but it made me think about my need for additional insurance.

Here are my questions:



1. What are your thoughts to my above situation, and my possible need for more insurance, even though I pay through Paypal, and the item is covered under their protection policy?



2. Some sellers post that "Insurance is not offered". Does that mean that there is no way I can pay the extra fee to get that item insurred, or what?



Thank you.



Any additional information on ebay %26amp; insurance that you can provide, would be helpful also.Is there a need for insurance on ebay even if you're paying through Paypal?
I have a friend who works as an intern for the law office at his university. He has handled several Paypal/eBay cases and he says you're usually just out of luck. You're better off with your credit card protection but not all credit card companies off youre fraud protection on eBay purchases.



Your best bet is to make sure you buy from a reputable seller (lots of ratings). They'll usually package it appropriately and if there are problems they will try to rectify it.



I buy a lot from eBay and I have never had a problem with packaging. I am usually willing to pay more by buying from a reputable seller though and I assume you are too since you are considering paying for insurance.



The US postal service is VERY reliable.



My personal opinion is not to buy the insurance. If it's a high value item, it's best to buy it from a seller such as Amazon.com or buy it from a brick-and-mortar store.



There's actually some interesting laws about liabilities, but I left my business law book at my parent's house and it's been too long for me to remember everything and I don't want to make a mistake.Is there a need for insurance on ebay even if you're paying through Paypal?
paypal is enough for meIs there a need for insurance on ebay even if you're paying through Paypal?
PAYPAL INSURANCE SHOULD PAY FOR IT.......USE IT......JUST SEND THEM THE CLAIM.......GET A FORM AT THE POST OFFICE SAYING IT WAS DELIVERED DAMAGED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment