Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Car insurance documents to tax car?

I bought a car Thursday and insured it online - ecarinsurance pay as you go policy. It gave instructions to print out policy, but when i took them up post office in order to tax my vehicle they won't accept them as i printed them off. . Whats the difference between something you can print off and something you get through the post



What difference does it really make? Just because something looks like it came through the post doesn't mean its actually legit! the postal documents would've been easy enough to forge anyway!



I'm still waiting for my insurance docs to come through and I've already had the local CSO confront me about my car not being taxed!



i don't know what else I can do - i can't even drive it anywhere. I'm in a lose lose situation!Car insurance documents to tax car?
Well the www.direct.gov.uk site says that, for insurance proof:



The following documents are not acceptable:



1) policy schedule, renewal notice, statement of Insurance or receipt for payment

2) amended certificate or cover note - unless stamped or initialled by the insurer

3) 鈥榣egal protection鈥?policy certificates

4) foreign certificates

5) photocopies or faxes

6) insurance certificates downloaded directly from the internet by the policy holder

7) Green Card (International Motor Insurance Card)



So on No. 6 above the Post Office are correct, unfortunately! You'll have to wait for the original cover note / certificate to arrive in the post. I can sympathise as I had problems with getting mine taxed as it was changing vehicle class, what a pain that was too.Car insurance documents to tax car?
Well, the biggest difference is that they won't accept that print out as proof of insurance, which is another reason a local agent is so much better than a web page. You have no choice but to wait, and not drive it in the mean time. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment