Sunday, March 4, 2012

I sent out the wrong items to the wrong people through USPS.. how do I get the postal service to fix this?

Hello! I typically sell items on ebay and today I went to the post office to drop off some items. One was a t-shirt, the other was a $300 Canon camcorder. They were sent out to the wrong addresses! I was doing shipping late at night and must've got them mixed up. One is to CA, the other to FL. I ordered $200 insurance on the camera. Both packages have tracking #s. USPS hasnt posted any tracking info on their websites yet and I dropped the items off this afternoon. It is now 8:30 and the post office is closed. Is there any way I can get a hold of them to cancel transit and possibly switch the addresses for me!? (besides chasing the mail man down the street). Thanks!!I sent out the wrong items to the wrong people through USPS.. how do I get the postal service to fix this?
I think once it's gone, it's gone. You can go talk to the post master first thing in the a.m. and see what can be done but everything is so mechanized I wouldn't be hopeful. Can you call or e-mail the people and ask them to return these goods to you. Tell them you'll reimburse them for postage.I sent out the wrong items to the wrong people through USPS.. how do I get the postal service to fix this?
Better get your running shoes on. I think that's the only way you can stop it now. Sorry!I sent out the wrong items to the wrong people through USPS.. how do I get the postal service to fix this?
You can put a request in for stopping the item. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

First thing tomorrow, call the post office and talk with them. If they are no help, then contact the buyers. Pray that they are willing to send it back. But make sure you refund them for the shipping costs because it was your fault.Good Luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment