Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Help With Paypal Claim?

I recently sold a Nokia N96 on ebay to someone with good feedback (100% with around about 300 transactions i think) and I posted it without insurance. The money was in my account when i posted it, although it was "pending". After a week or so he said he still hasn't recieved the item and asked for a tracking number, on the receipt (which I still have) there is no tracking number. So he opened up a claim, i descibed that the item did not come with postal insurance yet they still requested a tracking number, so I gave them the "session Prefix" as it I assumed that this would be the best guess, but also left them a message with all he information on the receipt as proof I did send it.



They said they would contact me BY the 19th of May and they have only just contacted me on the 21st of May saying that the dispute went in the buyers favour, now I do not have the phone or the money.



When I click the appeal this discision link it brings me up to a page with some details on the case and at the bottom it says "How would you like to resolve this issue?" with a small space (which you cannot input information of any sort) below that is a continue and a cancel button, if you click cancel it takes you back to the previous page and if you click continue it just says "Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again."



Is there anything I can do?Help With Paypal Claim?
I'm sorry, there is nothing you can do. You need to read Paypal's website, so that you can protect yourself in the future.



Paypal requires online trackable proof of delivery, and signature confirmation for anything over $250. Without that, a buyer can claim they never got it, even if they did, and Paypal will rule in their favor.



Many times people will see that a seller did not send the item with delivery confirmation, or signature confirmation for expensive purchases, and will open up a Paypal dispute, and have a free item. It's a slam dunk for them; they cannot lose.



Also, never ship anything before payment is confirmed. Pending doesn't mean you have the funds; it could have been an e-check that hadn't cleared yet. You didn't have confirmed payment before you shipped.



Please read Paypal's terms to protect yourself in the future. I'm sorry this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment