Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Possible package lost in the mail, help?

I live in Australia and have purchased an item from America (so international shipping applies). I have waited over a month and the item has not arrived as of yet. The seller specifically said he/she will not be responsible for items lost in the mail and he/she did not offer postal insurance for international deliveries. Yes, I know I can contact the person directly, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do by law?, is the seller inclined to pay for the item if it is deemed lost? I know that in Australia the seller must pay for the item if it is deemed lost by Australia Post, but I'm not too sure if this applies to international deliveries.



The item purchased was very small, the package could fit inside a bubble-wrapped envelope.Possible package lost in the mail, help?
They may not be liable, especially if their advertisement said they are not. If you shop online, make sure you can pay via PayPal because they will help you obtain restitution in such cases. Also, next time get the seller to ship via some means that is trackable.

No comments:

Post a Comment