Wednesday, March 7, 2012

If I accept the insurance reimbursement on my lost int'l package, will USPS/Parcelforce stop looking for it?

I don't want the money, I want my stuff. If I accept the insurance payout will they stop looking for my package? Will my belongings end up in an auction somewhere?



All items were either on sale or on ebay and I could never replace them now at my initial cost.



Package sent to the Channel Islands (UK) from the USA via USPS. Filed a lost notification and they said they found it. Two days later they said they didn't find it. The tracking was last logged on the 29th of June in Ireland (not sure why it's there!) Why can't they find out which truck scanned it then and ask that location where it is? Things just don't evaporate into thin air!



I've now contacted the Ireland postal service directly. Why should I be the one doing the leg work? I paid USPS $67 to mail this package, plus insurance and tracking. They would rather pay me my $400 insurance than do some work and try to find it.



Advice?If I accept the insurance reimbursement on my lost int'l package, will USPS/Parcelforce stop looking for it?
They don't actively look for lost packages. The USPS sends millions of packages every year, to find one is basically impossible. If it turns up, that is another story, but you can assume that they are not actively looking for your stuff.



Take the money and if they find your package, then you will have to give them their money back.If I accept the insurance reimbursement on my lost int'l package, will USPS/Parcelforce stop looking for it?
The reality of it is they are not really searching for it now. It is just in their system as missing. If it shows up they will send it on to the recipient. Take the money, it is the best you can do now.If I accept the insurance reimbursement on my lost int'l package, will USPS/Parcelforce stop looking for it?
There is no, "trying to find it." If a package is "there" then they ship it to wherever the label reads. If there is no label then they open it up to see if it has any identifying information inside. If they can't figure it out from there, then that's it.



It's not like they log it into a computer somewhere saying they've found X in a box and is anyone looking for that.



With my important packages, I always put tape over the label, put identifying information inside the package, pack it well, and use a marker on the outside of the package (directly on the box) to put to and from addresses on there as well.
  • yamaha atv
  • what is a computer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment