Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My eBay item got to the seller but package opened?

Someone bought my xbox 360 with games. The buyers address was confirmed with PayPal. I have 100 percent feedback. I did not purchase insurance. The buyer told me today that the package came but he said it was ripped on the side and the postal office aknowledged it too and it was because of poor packaging. I know that I packed it right and used a lot of tape. What should I do if anything.My eBay item got to the seller but package opened?
If the buyer wants a refund tell them to dispute it through paypal. Paypal is going to freeze the transaction between the two of you. Then paypal is going to require them to ship it back to you with a tracking number. After you receive it they are going to award the buyer the money. After you get it you can file a dispute over receiving the item in the condition in which it wasn't after you sent it out. Then with a police report, paypal will give you your money back.



Happened to me before =] I am a seller myselfMy eBay item got to the seller but package opened?
Was the item in the box? I buy from eBay a lot. The seller usually states if they offer insurance, if not the buyer can pay the seller for insurance.

It is not up to the seller to provide insurance. That's a chance the buyer takes. I am pretty sure of this.



Contact eBay or Pay Pal about this to see what they say. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment