Sunday, March 4, 2012

I received a damaged item from the Postal service... help?

Stick problem here. I received a damaged item from the postal service... it's a rather expensive $100 item. The problem is... the manufactuar says they won't fix postal service damaged items and I need to take it up with them... I don't know who's error this was, all I know is it's broken. If I claim the item was incorrectly made, then I would presume I need to pay $20 to ship it back to the company.



What can I do here? I really don't feel like I should have to pay a penny since the item was damaged. I have no clue if the shipper pade for insurance. Help!I received a damaged item from the Postal service... help?
The post office is not liable for anything that is damaged unless the item was insured. Most of the time, companies that ship via the post office do not insure their items. I think it is the company's responsibility to replace the item. Where did you buy it from? If I were you, I would be persistent with the company by calling them and speaking to the manager until he/she agrees to replace it/refund you for the item plus the cost for shipping. You shouldn't have to lose a penny over this.I received a damaged item from the Postal service... help?
just file a claim at the post office-most generally there is 100.00 insurance on any package shipped....

No comments:

Post a Comment