Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ebay problems with buyer(s) opting no insurance?

My mother and I have been selling on ebay for years... sharing our ebay store. We have excellent feedback (99.9%) With only one negative from a crazy lady... lol Anyways, this Christmas season (that I know of) 5 of the items I sold have not been received. A few of these items were mailed over 3 weeks ago. As with all of our sales, we give buyers optinal insurance and only offer tracking numbers with insurance. This is stated in every listing. I have been stressed out this whole holiday season with buyers demanding their tracking numbers, yelling about shipping times. - Not my fault, insurance was optional and I am not the Postal Service. BUT these 5 items were all $50+ and all not received as of yet with upset buyers. I sent them, gave them all ship dates, contacted the postal service numerous times.. to be told without insurance nothing can be done. Both parties just have to wait. I am worried these items are lost or worse -stolen. What should I do?Ebay problems with buyer(s) opting no insurance?
It's def the holiday season on why the havent recieved the items. I use ebay all the time and I am still waiting on an item I bought three weeks ago. They say they shipped the item and have no proof of it.



Well I sell a lot on ebay and I what happened with me was this. I sold a perfume and the buyer did not want insurance and I sent it out. I lost my shipping reciept. SO they got really upset and I had to refund my money. The mail will eventually surface. I know they recieved eventually.



Anyways, so now what I do, is when I ship, I keep every shipping reciept on those who decline insurance and if there is an issue I scan the reciept and emial them the copy and if they want the actual reciept I send them that as well to prove I shipped and the mail has lost it.



That is what I do now.......but it is so much to kee up with.



What do you sell on ebay?
As an ebay seller you have to provide to all buyers a tracking number. You cannot just offer tracking numbers if they buy insurance.



As an ebay seller myself, I am aware of this and it is listed in the ebay sellers rules.



Your buyer can easily contact ebay and say their package was never received. If you cannot provide ebay with a tracking number then you are held liable and chances are you will have to provide a refund.Ebay problems with buyer(s) opting no insurance?
You should make insurance or certified mail a requirement. But if they don't choose to buy insurance, then you are not responsible. If you say that in your ad in BIG LETTERS, legally, as soon as the package leaves your hands, you are NOT responsible for its fate.



ETA: Check the USPS link below:
Previous poster ftft54 is correct. It is your responsibility to provide tracking, if you do not and they file for a refund you have no way of proving you even shipped it and they will get their money back. Ebay and Paypal's rules.Ebay problems with buyer(s) opting no insurance?
I insist on insurance. Otherwise they expect you to cover the loss when they do not receive it Even though they didn't insure it. Ma by the items will still make it to the buyers, might be late due to the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment