Saturday, February 25, 2012

Where in the UK can I get postal insurance?

I have looked on Royal Mail and Post Office websites, but can only find reference to special delivery in relation to insurance or compensation. I have heard horror stories about this, and the item I am sending is valuable. Can I take out separate insurance?Where in the UK can I get postal insurance?
if u are sending something expensive it has to be special delivery andyothing other will not cover you recorded delivery is not worth the paper its written on ,im a post woman so am speaking from the person who delivers your goods point of view only special care is given to special as for recored so many get stolen bye xx
try a supermarket like Tesco's or Morrison'sWhere in the UK can I get postal insurance?
When you go to the post office, tell them its valuable and you want insurance, they will advise the best way of sending it.

Other than that, phone a courier service or parcelforce for a quote.
There really isn't a small scale version of what you need. The commercial version is called "goods in transit" insurance.



The RM insurance using special delivery is just fine to be honest. The thing to do is to make sure that you speak with the person behind the counter and get enough and the right type of cover for your item.



Most people have issues with not getting sufficient cover - or checking that their item is actually covered.Where in the UK can I get postal insurance?
You just get it at the Post Office counter. I send quite a few things through the post and always pay a little extra to cover up to 拢500 because the standard amount you are covered for is only 拢35. x

1 comment: