Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can I sue the US Postal service for refusing to pay an insurance claim?

I purchased a very expensive perfume bottle on eBay that was insured for $2000.00. I provided the broken bottle, the packaging, proof of payment etc..Insurance slip etc.. to the local Post office clerk who processed the claim. Someone screwed up and they refused the payment with the reason that I do not have proof that it was broken in transit. My local postman said to refile the claim as soon as I receive the notice that my appeal is rejected but conveniently I have not received it. I wanted to file a claim in Small claims Court but I was told that I cannot sue the Federal Government in in small claims court. I thought that the Postal Insurance was handled by a private entity hired by the postal service? What Can I do?Can I sue the US Postal service for refusing to pay an insurance claim?
nowdays u can sue for anythingCan I sue the US Postal service for refusing to pay an insurance claim?
The carrier of the policy is liable for the damage. You can file in small claims. They will say you can't but you can.Can I sue the US Postal service for refusing to pay an insurance claim?
just be persistent

No comments:

Post a Comment