Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can I use a PO Box as my only postal address? Will insurance companies, banks, DVLA etc accept this?

My Uncle is about to move to a caravan park where he will live for most of the year. The problem is the park only uses PO box's for post so he wont have an address. He's worried what implications this will have. Anyone any ideas?Can I use a PO Box as my only postal address? Will insurance companies, banks, DVLA etc accept this?
You will need an actual address.

One of the big reasons behind this is to try to prevent money laundering.

Money laundering costs businesses billions each year, and with banks and insurance companies have strict guidelines to prevent it as much as they can.
No,they would not acceptCan I use a PO Box as my only postal address? Will insurance companies, banks, DVLA etc accept this?
Yes, he will have some problems. Many institutions will not accept a post office box as your only address. Some will , but will also require you give an actual street address as well.



For example: In my country and my state,you cannot register to vote from a post office box. But you could give the street address of the traiIer park or caravan park. Check with your state and county for more details.



You cannot use a post office box as an address for a driver's license, or car registration in my state. They require a specific street address.



You cannot obtain some federal documents, such as a US Passport, through giving a post office box as an address.



Many states do not allow county welfare or general assistance checks to be sent to a mail box.



Most credit card issuers will not issue a credit card to an individual just at a post office box (for obvious reasons) Same with a checking account.
yes you can have just a po box for mail. but you do have to have a physical address on your licence and other things. But I lived in a place where there was no mail box for 4 years. so yes it is fine..Can I use a PO Box as my only postal address? Will insurance companies, banks, DVLA etc accept this?
I think you have to have a physical address listed. That way, touch wood, if they or someone they know are in an accident etc.. The Police or appropriate service can go to that address to speak to them. If they just have a PO Box, no one knows where they live.

But; I think it is possible to have both an actual address (where you live) and a seperate postal address (PO Box).
Your DMV and insurance company will require a GARAGING ADDRESS. In many more rural parts of the US, the US postal service will not deliver to the boonies, so you CAN use a PO Box, but you ALSO need to list the garaging address.
You can use it for a mailing address. However you would not be able to homeowners or renters policy unless there is a physical address or fire number associated with your location. Auto insurance would be fine

No comments:

Post a Comment