Saturday, February 25, 2012

How do i calculate u.s. postal insurance rates?

I'm trying to ship one or a few packages that will be around 5000 dollars in value. The USPS website offers no definitive answer as to how they calculate their insurance rates. I'm assuming because it's an outrageous cost.How do i calculate u.s. postal insurance rates?
This USPS website does offer a definitive answer as to how they calculate their insurance rates.



The definitive answer as to how they calculate their insurance rates is at http://www.usps.com/prices/insurance-pri鈥?/a> and says

that for $600.01 to $5000 of coverage, the cost is "$7.70 plus $1.00 per $100 or fraction thereof

over $600 in declared value." $5000 is $4400 over $600. Therefore, the cost is $7.77 plus $44, which comes to $51.77.
Thanks, I had been navigating the website for about 20 minutes and I completely missed this page. Boy do I feel like an idiot.



Thanks again, I'll be well prepared when I ship my packages now.

Report Abuse

How do i calculate u.s. postal insurance rates?
~~Just go through the steps of creating a shipping label and it will take you through the steps. When you reach the insurance cost, you can take the amount and mathematically calculate what percentage it comes out to. It's the only way I can figure out how to find your answer. You can cancel before you pay, so there is no problem it getting the calculation.~~
You can't buy that much insurance through USPS.



You have to buy private coverage, through your business, or use a different vendor like UPS or FedEx.How do i calculate u.s. postal insurance rates?
you'll have to go into a PO, I hate to tell you. bring something to read while you wait in line.
  • aw restaurant
  • chucky cheese games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment