Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm mailing my broken laptop, can I skip getting insurance?

My warranty is almost up, so I'm shipping my broken laptop to the country the warranty is in. Since it's broken, I figured I didn't need postal insurance. But what if it gets lost? I'm not sure...I'm mailing my broken laptop, can I skip getting insurance?
Let's say you are shipping the laptop to be repaired because the power adapter port is broken. You know that is all that is wrong with it, because you used the laptop right up until the battery was dead... since you could not charge the battery with a broken power adapter port.



Now... you go find the least expensive shipping, and you skip the insurance. It arrives at the factory, and you get a call a week after you shipped it, because the manufacturer of the laptop needs your explicit approval and your credit card number. You are puzzled as to why they would need your credit card number, and they explain that this is the standard policy when replacing broken LCD screens, since the crack in yours is obviously not a manufacturing defect and not covered under the warranty.



You are now officially in a tight situation. Do you pay a quarter to half of your original purchase price of the laptop to fix an issue you KNOW it did not have when you shipped it? In this case, that is your ONLY OPTION since you shipped it with the cheapest available shipper AND you skipped the insurance.







I can't tell you the number of people who skimped on shipping, or packing their laptop properly, or getting the insurance, only to find that the laptop arrived at the manufacturer with more broken than it left with. Be smart. Play it safe. Ship it right with a reputable shipper, use the materials and packaging recommended for a laptop, and pay for the insurance.



end of lineI'm mailing my broken laptop, can I skip getting insurance?
Hi broken it might be, but smashed or lost it could be. so insure it

then they will fix it and post it back.I'm mailing my broken laptop, can I skip getting insurance?
Well if it gwets lost in the mqil then u don't have a laptop anymore. But if u get insurance the postal office has to pay you
i think you should post it by reputed company like DHL,FEDEX.

they never do cheating....

No comments:

Post a Comment